Saturday, June 1, 2019

Saturday

I remembered my camera today and cleared this little ol' disc, so loading my pictures is a bit smoother.


We headed out to our dear friend's church this morning for an open house celebrating this sweet old church. I just love me some old churches.  Equally, I love the ones who've been appointed to share Jesus there this last couple of decades.  It was a lovely open house.


I asked Pastor Dave to ring the bell. I love church bells. 

Then we were off to Big Lots and Ben Franklins.  I received two gift cards for nurseries when my Mom died and three garden stones. I wanted to create a little Mom-space.  She so loved flowers.  We needed to stock up on epsom salts for her new rose and my back after I plant said rose, along with a fan for the porch where Handy Man and I will be spending a lot of time the next few weeks.  I love outside. I hate mosquitoes.  I also spray us a set of mosquito clothes with a lasting bug -off capability that helps a lot.

I bought a few things to use our new engraving skills on at Ben Franklin. I went ahead and signed up for a session, or I'll forget everything I learned the first time around.  Also, trying to keep Handy Man's days full, as the big day approaches. 

Next we went to watch our Blue Eyed Boy play soccer.  He really did a great job! 





We were both ready for a nap. 
 I fixed a fancy supper- sausage patties, cottage fries, eggs and toast.  Except the toast was Rae's sourdough bread and for me, the pesto she made with her garlic scapes.  So delicious. 
I'm working hard to breathe deep, let go and when it won't go, whisper prayers to the One.  Sometimes it is hard to not go to the place where things don't go like you expect. Hard not to consider all the possibilities.  


1 comment: