Friday, June 21, 2019

Home Again, Home Again

Gee, it takes so long to get discharged. We're home at 2:30 to a sweet welcome on the porch. Giddy-Up said, "Well, I guess this is a party."  Indeed.
Also a bit intimidating.  I mean at the last minute they decide he needs a calcium drip that took two hours to run.  What is going to keep him from needing another one two days from now?  Who would know?  It is hard to hear when they tell you all the risks and also that there is so little known about heart reduction.  But what you going do? The best you can and ask the Good Lord to see to what you can't.
I'm going to work at keeping my heart healthy by eating this gift of fresh picked blueberries, my favorite. I've been waiting for them since last August.
Thank you for so much prayer and attention.  Looks like a very slow four weeks and then we'll see what they say. 
Call or text or drop by and see him sometime. Four weeks is a long time to be porch bound.

Sam could barely contain himself.


Ten Days Ago
 Today, you can't even tell the hellish few days he went through.  He is glad to be home.  Our goal, keeping him home.

Praise God for Blessings Great and Small

6 comments:

  1. Look at that smiling face! Does my heart so good to see him happy and home! Maybe I can visit Sunday afternoon? I'm guessing you all will be home...love and a big squeeze to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will likely be home for a good while. I just don't think I can bring myself to risk that incision.
      Stop in when you can. Love the pictures of your trip.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you for your faithful prayers.

      Delete
  3. We just read the good news! Loved the pictures. His dog is so happy his master is home. Thank you Lord! Thank you for renewed strength each day. Thank you for your Mercy and Grace. Hope to see you all soon. Will call beforehand to make sure you are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and God's provision. Yes, a little progress each day, with no setbacks will be awesome.

      Delete