Friday, May 31, 2019

Early Fireworks

Well, it's official. Handy Man and I went to school this morning and I signed my contract to teach second grade.  A bonus, the principal wanted to hear about all of my plans.  Handy Man helped me carry some boxes to their new homes.
Next, we headed to Health and Harmony to lay in a good supply of probiotics and supplements to boost Handy Man's immune system in preparation for the big day.
Rae and Giddy-Up came out  to visit, while Michael stayed home with our poor little wheezy Mr. Smiley.  Drummer Boy needed to do grass cutting duty tonight, so he came over with his crew.  While Handy Man was entertained on the porch, I worked in this little front garden bed.

  All the cousins headed to the creek.  Later they came up to play and play all around the place.  It makes my heart so happy to hear them. Not a harsh word and so much fun, well except  when for our little Pixie met up with a spider too big for her to enjoy.
It makes me happy because every other book and article I read points to lack of free play and overuse of electronics being the cause of the anxiety in so many little kids.You would never know there was an age span of six years.   They caught a minnow that didn't make it, so they went up the hill to have a proper burial and ceremony.
Drummer Boy then helped them enjoy some fireworks left over from something. They played happily way past bedtime, till the fireflies came to join them. 

Please note the proper attire for fireworks- Pappy's shirt and a crown. Always a crown on that wee Pixie girl.

Handy Man said today that all this rest and relaxation has grown old. He's feeling what I already knew, he's just a working man.
Thank you for continued prayers that this surgery will result in a well mended heart.

1 comment: