Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Non Handy Man Post

Sometimes the timing of life's events are not always easy to understand.  I will say, I'm thrilled to not be needing a sub and trying to write lesson plans. That is a blessing. 
This week is so emotionally heavy.  Sunday being the anniversary of Glenda's home going and today being the birthday of my nephew David.  The first birthday that there will be no one receiving my Happy Birthday wishes.
Deep breaths are hard this week. 
David, I don't know that anyone could have been more thrilled than my sixteen year old self at your arrival.  Well, your Dad and Mom and Sister were pretty pumped. You were two weeks overdue.  I remember that night of expectancy and then the call to bring Ol' Mother Hubbard and come to the hospital.  You were so big.  I think you still hold the biggest baby record in our family at 9 pounds 14 ounces. You were only 19 inches long, a little butter ball with enormous blue eyes and blonde hair.  I could not imagine anything more perfect.


 But life doesn't always give us perfect.  You found this world a challenging place to navigate.  Though I wanted you live to be a sweet ol' man, in some respects it is amazing you fought that darkness as long as you did.  I wish you could have known how loved you are.

So many broken hearts, all around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh David. :-(
    What a hard week this is for you guys. <3

    ReplyDelete