Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Little Gardens Everywhere

We have had some wonderful early summer days.  I've tried to work outside all I can.  Trying hard to free all my little flower spots from the clutches of that dreadful creeper, Charlie, and put down some straw and mulch so Drummer Boy knows what to cut and what not to weed-eat.  Handy Man waters and dumps the creepy creeper in the compost, where I take great delight in watching in wilt away and become something worthwhile.
Also, I wanted some pretty to look at for Handy Man and me while he recovers on the front porch.
This is the little bed he sees straight on from the porch.


And this one just finished today.  I have four o'clocks that will bloom there later in the year, but I saw these when we drove by a local nursery and I felt the need for some pretty blooms  right now.


And Mom's little spot. Sadly the coral rose and peony have already lost their bloom.  Along the back are tomatoes I grew from seed.  I suppose some folks might think nine tomatoes and three garden stones is a bit of overkill.  If so, you didn't know Wandy very well.  She thought there could not be enough tomatoes, or good food to eat, or preachers to feed, or babies, or flowers, or prayers.  Miss your prayers Mama.


I love this stone because I believe it. Right now, this little spot just makes me boo-hoo, but in time, it will bring a smile.


I'm trying to get everything done. I am the messiest person on the planet.  I leave a disaster in my wake, even though I really try not to.   I'm trying to get things as ordered as I can, thinking of what I need to take to the hospital, fighting scary thoughts, etc. 
Now, I've quite overdone, so am heading to a reclining position with an ice pack on my back and heating pad on my leg and a very interesting book.

1 comment:

  1. i love the flowers and the little Wandy garden...yes, someday it will bring a smile instead of tears...

    ReplyDelete