Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Surgery Eve

So we were restless and up early this morning. We had to laugh at Handy Man's hair that was sticking up like a cock's comb.  Good thing he's getting his hair did today.
I was a whirring dervish, washing everything I think he might come in contact with.
Then Rae came and whisked us away for the morning.  I needed whisking away. This day has felt harder than I had hoped.
As soon as we got out of the car Giddy-Up said, "These are a type of Greek columns, there are three different types."  Good to know.

We were here to visit  a little museum all about Harrison County.



This was a 16 by 20 picture of a local reporter from back in the day. There were other such pictures. When you walk in they look like pictures, but soon they start talking to each other. Crack-Up.  Mr. Smiley was very unsure about that to begin with. 

It is such a great little place, with a ton of local history.  Way to go Corydon.

Next, Butt Drugs.  How much do I love that there is a Butt Drugs still in operation after so many years. 



I'm telling you, they put a quart of ice cream in these sodas and my little piggies drank them up. Handy Man had a "real" cream soda.


 Then a visit to a new little park.
A lady glassblower, how very cool!


We needed to pick up books at the library, get some coffee at the grocery, along with some paper plates and forks because I'm bringing cinnamon rolls to his caretakers and  whoever is waiting out this surgery with me.  I bought myself a shirt that says, "I bake and I know things."  I thought that described me fairly well. We also shopped for a bird feeder for our upcoming porch vacation. 
Then off to the hairdresser.  We've had so very many kindnesses. She cut his hair as a gift.  Songs, prayers, calls, messages and finding out a praying person is on his surgical team, blessings all. 
Then it was make up the clean bed, feed, stock up on the critter's food, get the trash out. 
So, with his new handsome hair cut, time to chill on the front porch.



I'm ready for the de-germing marathon!  


Ol' Mother Hubbard is away on an amazing vacation.  Of course, between David's birthday and her Uncle Phil's surgery, we're e-mailing, holding each other up.
The latest from me-
I'm sick at my stomach and feel like I'm a hair's breadth from toppling off the edge.  But I do trust- Jesus has a hold of some part of me and while I might not move off the edge, I won't fall off.
love you girl

And from her-

I love you too... REAL BIG! 
And I’ll grab you by your hair if you lose your balance on that edge!!!  

Ceece is coming by to try my new curry dish and to give Handy Man a squeeze.

So happy for all the good folks praying for my Handy Man.
How bout we get this done. 
 Here's to a miraculous new heart.
 Merciful Lord, work through the hands of this gifted surgeon, and if needed work around him and beyond him to a good end.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment