Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Return of Our Life

Like so many Saturday mornings of our past, though the first one this summer, we ventured down to the Farmer's Market.  Lots of familiar faces, so happy to see Handy Man there.  He sure has surprised folks left and right throughout this ordeal. 
I was so happy to be doing something so normal for me, yet different. I'm not sure you wade this scary heart river without being a bit more fine tuned to the simple joys of everyday life. There was a new kid on the block selling breakfast tacos with an indian flair, tandoori chicken and blackbean dahl. They were delicious. Such a treat.
Rae has a friend who sells cards and flowers and duck eggs.  This will be my first duck egg experience.  I'm thinking of dividing them in half for one savory and one sweet dish of some sort.
The rest of the day has been mostly silent.  I will not miss one thing of this medical journey except the communication and visits with friends and family. It is so weird that no one was coming to visit, no phone calls or texts to receive or send.  Last week was so jammed packed.
Guess I best be figuring out a way to fill out our days next week.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to visit again soon! So glad you got to do something normal and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Me too girl, me too. Thank the Lord!

      Delete