Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ready to Go

I asked Handy Man on my way out today, "You need anything else?"  His response did not take me by surprise, "Yea, get me out of here."  He had his test through the night.  Today will be a waiting game. If he needs oxygen then we have to get that done.  They told me someone from the home healthcare we picked would be by, but we haven't seen anyone.  Then all four doctors have to sign off and, of course, they come when they want.  Thankfully, we still have samples of the Eloquis, but who knows about the other drugs. Hopefully filling his new scripts won't be another ordeal. So, I really have no idea about the timing, or even if today will be the day. 
Every time they come in and take his temperature, I sigh big when it is still normal. Only about a hundred opportunities for a secondary infection. 98.6 never sounded so good and makes my heart rejoice. Thank you Lord!
Day 9, that feels like 90.
I will see if Ceece can post here when we get our walking papers in case someone planned to visit the hospital today. 
Just an unusual place for me.  The one thing I can do, when kids and kind folks come to do work I can't is cook.  I won't be able to do that this morning as my boys clean up flood debris.  I'm making Handy Man some bacon, so I'll leave that and a pot of coffee, and a some hospital snacks we won't be needing and that will be the best I can do.
Hopefully though, this weekend I can start rolling out bread and cinnamon rolls again for visitors.
So after we're settled, come on out and sit with us on the porch for a spell. We'll have lemonade, tea and a smile.
Handy Man should be up to receiving and sending texts today. 
Let's have another banner day with this remodeled heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment