Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Morning Report

The nurse reported this morning that Handy Man stayed in the correct heart sinus rhythm all night long. She said if that continues, he will feel much better. 
Constant thirst is not anything as horrible as that nerve pain (still without pain meds, day two) but it is annoying.  The thirst is due to the medical attempt to pull off any remaining water. So in addition to boiled eggs, today's request was for lemonade and water from home.  The nurse said artificially sweetened mints sometimes helps, so I'll stop and grab that as well.
Thankfully, another day the house didn't float downstream in this rain. I hear it gushing out there.
I haven't asked too much about what all has to happen for him to come home, because they change their minds every five minutes anyway.  While I had already had my fill of ICU's before we ever got there, I do not want to come home with any questionable concerns about the meds he needs, or anything else he needs for that matter. So far, he isn't asking either.
It is so strange for people to swirl around you day and night, changing this and fixing that and if it is like last time, almost until the minute you walk out the door.  That is your focus, and that's about all. You don't really know what day it is. I have no idea what's happening in the world, my world is- what is his blood pressure reading, did he eat, walk, is that a-fib etc.  Then they say, okay time for you to go and they send you home with nothing but medicine, good luck, hope it all works out.  So do I, so do I.
Thank you for your continued prayers for Handy Man and for Ceece's Mom this morning.

1 comment: