Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Summer is Here

I was a whirring dervish this morning, trying to get school things done, Handy Man things done and be ready for Playdate at 1:00.  Even though it was a low population today, it was still such a good one.  Something that felt totally right and normal. 
I e-mailed the Captain this morning to say I managed to get a pool, but that's all I ever did with one.  How does it get blown up?  When he came to drop off Bugg, he took care of that, thankfully.
Handy Man enjoyed the nonsense from the porch until we all ended up on the hill and I turned around and guess who standing there. I'm like, "Umm, get this man a chair and be quick about it." 

I want snails for pets for my classroom and figured I best start figuring out how best to keep them happy. We'd hardly turned around twice and found three. 
 Rae was trying to create a happy home for them and  unearthed fairy eggs. We hadn't found any in so long. This was a fairy nursery. Most exciting!




 And what could be more exciting than finding beautiful jewels in your favorite color.







Miss Bugg manned the camera till the battery gave out.  My girls are so big, whaaaaa!  They were such a help to me today. 

 I told them since I was moving down to second grade, they had to help me decide on books.  They were no help. Just like me, they loved every last one of them.

Ol' Mother Hubbard said after she'd been here the other day, Baby Boy gave her a hug and told her she smelled good.  She said, "You always say that."  He said, "Yes, but this time you smell good  like you and good like Aunt Kymbi's."  So sweet.
 Alas, the battery fainted after this one creek picture. It was deep and cold, but they were in no way deterred.
We enjoyed a ton of tacos, lots of laughs and cuteness from the littles.  
Handy Many and I are about pooped. 
 Drummer Boy came to try whack down the jungle created from endless rain as the last littles were leaving.  He's been so faithful to keep us from being swallowed up by the lawn.  

You know, when you are faced with hard days, you do what you need to do, and even when you are right where you are supposed to be, it is always strange and awkward and I don't know, somewhat to seriously uncomfortable.  All those strangers, strange smells, fears, and on and on. But making a bucket of taco meat, loaves of bread, fairy eggs, a rolling creek, happy tanned faces, laughter and hugs, good storybooks, and fruit snacks,  oh my, it just feels so exactly right I could sob. 
 Thank you Lord!

1 comment: