Monday, July 1, 2019

Comfort

Today a gramerling needed shuffled about and I'm glad when I'm able to do it. As much as I love them in mass, or however, it is always nice to have a few minutes one on one. 
I then ran to school, where I forgot I wasn't supposed to be, oops (fogging for mold), to finish up all the requirements to renew my teaching license, which expired today by the way.  So much relief in having that finished.
I had asked Handy Man's sister to come and sit a spell while I ran a few errands.  My sweet big girls have grown out of all their Fairy Ball attire, my arsenal of stuff that keeps my wild and crazy hair contained enough to get through the door in this heat and humidity had about run dry, and I needed some warehouse size food to feed the masses tomorrow.  It turned out both his sisters, his Mom and his brother-in-law came. His niece came earlier because his Mom wanted him to have some Mounds bars. They brought with them a chicken pot pie and salad, so when a nice size storm blew in, we all enjoyed the comfort of warm pot pie together.  So nice.
It was just too hard for his Mom to make that walk into the hospital, but I knew she was needing to see him.  She was so relieved to find him looking so good, but kindly asked that he not pull a stunt like this again. I was in complete agreement.
Again the question came up, were  they overstaying their welcome, tiring him out? I replied honestly that we're a bit between a rock and hard place in the recovery journey. When he is busy with what he can do and the visits and conversation he sleeps a lot better, but probably it does wear him out, so it is a bit difficult to get it right.  When you were sleep deprived for so long and just the low blood and nature of the surgery, you have a tendency to fall asleep when you are still and warm and it is quiet, then you don't sleep at night.  It seems he's really picked up speed yesterday and today, wanting to do things, but still, what he can do is fairly limited. He says he feels better everyday.  He is back to doing most of his old light weight chores like feed the critters and tonight he helped fill the dishwasher.  Let's just say I'm kind thrilled about that now. I don't know what they did to his poor leg.  I've never seen something so banged up that has no incision.  That has been worse than the chest incision.  Still looks terrible, but lots better. 
The visiting nurse said all his vitals were again in good shape, thank the Lord. 
I'm feeling better about running out for something if I have to and for taking him on short trips when he's up to it.  Who knows, maybe we'll be wild and crazy this week and go see a movie.  Want to make bets on if we can both stay awake through the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment