Saturday, July 6, 2019

Life on the Porch and Round About

This is the bucket of reject material from the multiple flooded tackle boxes.  Oh, the things we do for love. I went through the entire mess with a pair of wire cutters and salvaged a smaller pile of things that my littles will enjoy creating all kind of fun with. We may have lots of stuff, but the kids sure enjoy using it in their play.


Handy Man decided to wrestle with the not fully assembled bunny hutch.  I said, "Hey, smile." I think he's grown weary of being the poster child for the blog.  He'll be so happy to be all healed up and not the object of my ramblings.  Woo, wee, won't we all.
This week begins the follow-up visits. We have three.



Our longest ride to date was to Ol' Mother's Hubbard's on Thursday, where Handy Many had a different porch to sit on for the evening. 
It was a yummy pitch in with good people and conversation.
Ol' Henry drove this little vehicle about a hundred miles around the farm. The best ride in town thought the 2 to 14 year olds.  I love seeing them, tiny to big,  enjoy such a simple thing and I love Ol' Henry's patience.  Before the night was out he also took Mr. Smiley on the big lawn mower.  What a day.





That is the latest we've been out since I can not remember when and Handy Man got a good night's sleep.

Ceece and Bean dropped by to see us for a few minutes. Handy Man was just taking a bunch of stuff off the grill, so of course I fed Bean.  I tried the fancy lemonade like we had at the last Farmer's Market visit and gave some to Ceece and it was approved. 

My friend MAB not only had a big birthday whilst I was camped out in ICU, but found out Wednesday that her first grandchild will be a boy.  So exciting.
Since I missed the birthday, we celebrated with lunch.  Yummy tomato tart. 

Last week at the Farmer's Market I got duck eggs.  I remembered a latest magazine featuring a recipe for angel pie.  I thought that would be a great way to try out the eggs.
It was fairly delicious. 


Such a great visit, then time to run to pick up another sample of crazy expensive blood thinner at the cardiologists, then the funeral home to hug another teacher who lost her sweet grandma.
Another visit from a friend with more vegies.  I love me some summer vegetables, so much. 
This morning we headed back to the Farmer's Market , then the library, and then had Gardner E. for lunch as we didn't make much of a dent in yesterday's vittles.
It keeps threatening rain, but it never happens, so I had to water this afternoon. 
Handy Man continues to do more each day. He's back to emptying the trash and taking care of the animals.  
Happy Weekend everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment