Monday, July 22, 2019

A Big Surprise

Not only did Handy Man pass his stress test, in a very unexpected turn of events, he lost the life vest as well. It did not seem like that was any kind of possibility at the last cardiologist appointment.
He's stayed in perfect rhythm throughout the test, praise God! 
 I suppose I don't need to tell you that he is thrilled.  89 days with being poked in the back and ribs and wagging around that battery pack, unable to drive, etc. was long.  His first trip in the truck under his own steam will likely be akin to getting your driver's license or your first car.  
As is usual for me, I have a hosts of mixed emotions.  Grateful the surgery appears to have been successful ranks highest. 
  A bit of, "Are you absolutely, emphatically certain he is safe?" 
 And generally, a complete paradigm shift , emotionally and otherwise.  I have not had one thought in 89 days that I didn't  run through the "What about Handy Man?  Will he be able to do......, Will he be alone too much...." and on and on and on.  As my return to school grew closer, my anxiety ramped accordingly about him being alone and unable to drive, about missing work for appointments, about his work.  Oh my.  
So, he begins cardiac rehab next week and depending on how that goes and if work decides he can return on light duty, well, we'll see what happens.
It is still a bit of a fine balance.  In one respect, his healing has been miraculous. In another respect, he has a long way to go to feeling like he once did. Part of that is the doc's keeping his bp and heart rate so low.  You just aren't going to feel that great.  So, still going slow, but thank the Lord, going, going, going.
This week we'll work on walking a little farther and longer each day.  
So happy for a bit of a break in the heat.
We had a busy weekend.  A friend gifted us with tickets to Ring of Fire on Saturday.  Then we went to a restaurant with a gift card from earlier.  Lastly, since the restaurant was close to Trader Joe's, we checked out low salt options.
Yesterday, after church we chopped vegies for all sorts of deliciousness- cucumbers and onions, fried sweet corn, salsa and more, so yummy.
I had some food to deliver as two more dear friends lost loved ones this week.  I believe since July 10 last year, me or my people have lost 17 mamas or papas or friends or grannies.  Awful.
I stop and consider how close we came to adding to that number.  I don't have any words.

6 comments:

  1. BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY!!!! Sooo happy for Handy Man and you too!!! Praise be to our God and Father and the Lord Jesus Christ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the most expressively excited I have ever known him to be in the 43 years I've known him.

      Delete
  2. Amazing Love! Thank you Jesus for ALL of your blessings. Rejoicing with you for every victory! Your timing is perfect Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good timing. Now to man up and let my charge out into the wild world world without me.

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord. Fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo thrilled that Phil is back to work; praise God!!! So grateful for God's tender mercy and quick healing!

    ReplyDelete