Thursday, July 11, 2019

Ups and Downs

So this morning, I needed to run to the grocery. Just before I left, Handy Man  came in laughing.  An elder neighbor from down the road came up the drive pulling a huge trailer and when he navigated over our one speed bump, the trailer didn't make it, but  the neighbor just kept going to his destination.  So, I had to traverse the yard, startling the birds at the feeder, to get out. 



Too funny. He did finally come back and get it. I still don't know the story.

Had a friend for lunch.

Our pastor and interns came for a visit this afternoon. The intern is from Venezuela.  He prayed the sweetest prayer. 

Meeting friends tonight for dinner.

I got another card today. This one was from a family at school.  This young man had more manual dexterity in his little finger than I will ever aspire to have, though my crafty self  would like that. When I had him, I loved to give him increasingly harder origami projects, which he always managed with relative ease.  Only once did I help him. 
So much folding in this little piece of art work included in the card. 



I'm going to share this with my class and all year we're going to talk about perseverance.
The card was so sweet, with more groceries inside, that makes me cry every time. The back was sealed with dinosaur stickers. Crack up!

Yesterday I went with Ol' Mother Hubbard to the cemetery and met Pete.  I found this poem online. Of course I changed the name to David when I read it.  I thought it pretty well describes grief, as far as words can go in that regard. We shared an oatmeal pie in his memory, and sang Victory in Jesus. Thankfully I'd spent the day before teary over last year's memory and was able to keep it together. 

All I Know Is

© 
Published: December 2010
All I know is.... I will always miss my Nick and long for him.
All I know is.... one minute I'm together and the next I'm falling apart.
All I know is.... my heart hurts all the time and it has never felt whole since the day he died.
All I know is.... the tears won't stop filling up my eyes, soaking my pillows or staining my face.
All I know is.... I "Really Really" miss him.
All I know is.....it hurts ALL the time.
All I know is.....I want him back.
All I know is.....sometimes I want him so badly, that I want to go to him.
All I know is.... there is no greater ache in this world than my child dying.
All I know is.....I love him, even in death, I love him so much.

I knew once Handy Man started feeling better, he'd stop being so careful.  I walked out to the porch to find him hefting a huge box of school supplies dropped off by UPS.  This move to second grade requires some new materials.  I grabbed it away from him and said, though he knew and it didn't matter, "That is too heavy."  He laughed.  
We are going to try again to stop by work tomorrow and see if he can make arrangements to talk to someone about returning on light duty.  Prayers please for contact with the right person and for continued healing.


No comments:

Post a Comment