Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Last Summer Playdate Boo Hoo

Last Tuesday, the cardiologist said for Handy Man to have a stress test to determine if could start cardiac rehab and.... they never called with an appointment.  Another day the cardiac rehab nurse called and I told her what the doctor said about the stress test and she said she'd check. Next I texted his NP and she said she'd check. Next I called yesterday morning and left a message, because only one person in the office schedules those and she was out.  Next I called again this morning and she said the doctor was on vacation and didn't leave orders, so she would ask the NP and call me back. I bet you can't guess who didn't get a call back. My goodness.  It just never ends.  Even for the easiest, dumbest things you have to practically get in a knock down drag out with someone to get something done. 
Another big hurdle for him, he took the trash to the road for pick-up.
Still feeling like he does more each day.
 I said we would be hard pressed to know who will be more excited when is able to run errands again.  I have missed that and so has he.
It was science day for Playdate. 
They are all still fairly interested in using salt and water to mine toys from the block of ice.




Next was our continued experiment with GAK. Last year we made black GAK and colored it with chalk paint markers.
This year I learned about thermochromic pigment.  First we colored the glue yellow, then added royal blue pigment, which made it kind of alien green.  Next was Borax water, which did not change the color.
We had ice cubes left from the salt mines.  I laid the blob on the ice, turned it over and it was a deep royal blue. As you can see in the middle of this picture. 

 Then they took turns laying their finger on the dark blue, which nearly immediately changed it back to alien green.   Sooooo fun.



 Of course, there is no end to the the things you can do with baking powder, baking soda and vinegar.
Here Pap is putting a little submarine with baking powder, which sinks then comes back to the top.
 Then we had this tiny rocket, seen here rocketing in front of Birthday Si's face in this picture. 

 I love the expressions on their faces, especially Claire's big smile in the background.



 

 We barely finished our last experiment when the much anticipated rain started.  Bean took the camera. When he returned it was time to eat, so I didn't hear what all these pictures are about.



The rain swished out the creek, so Gwen and Bean headed off with them. We had folks leaving early, so  I needed to get dinner going.  







Clearly, there was some sort of snake. 

 The biggest crayfish we've found this year.

 Every year I have to buy new nets, because the nets are used for lots of things besides tiny minnows.
 Some interesting holes I see.

 Gwen leading the troops.



 A salt lick?  I'm not sure what the attractions is for the butterflies.
Ceece came by to get some vittles for her Mom and Dad.  Her Mom is doing pretty well after her surgery.  We are thankful.
Well, the time has come to turn my thoughts to all things school I guess.  So glad for the few Playdates we had.  So thankful to the Lord for big fun and no boo boo's. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE everyones faces in the rocket pictures. science is so fun. and is that some kind of skull conner was snapping photos of?! holy cow! thankful for a summer of great playdates, hate that im missing them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That rocket was so small we couldn't follow it. Yeah, I still don't know about the skull. It is fun to see the pictures he takes.

    ReplyDelete