Thursday, May 16, 2019

Faux Appointment

For a very long time I suspected a vascular problem in my Handy Man.
So while I was frightened when his legs began swelling, I wasn't exactly surprised.  When the primary person didn't see the problem or the need for further testing, I figured my suspicions would end in an emergency situation, and there we were.
I was surprised however and perhaps a bit devastated,  to learn of the extent of damage on April 22, following the heart cath.

Since then all we've wanted was a plan.  I knew the plan might not be the one we hoped for, might be a hard one, but whatever we were facing, let's get her done.

We we were so relieved when his appointment with the surgeon was changed from almost four weeks out to today.

Then we got a call this morning that it was moved up from 11:30 to 10:00.
We were there at 9:40, not a soul in sight.  About 9:55 the receptionist and nurse came in and before long we were in a room.
We saw the surgeon at 11:00
I thought that finally, today, twenty-five days later, we, at last, would have a plan.
Nope.
Basically we learned very little beyond what I already knew.
The heart can be surgically repaired, but he has not calculated the risk, when he does, he'll call.

Just another day in Limbo Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment