Saturday, May 25, 2019

Partying Early

Whew, it was a long week to end my year with my fifth graders. Might be my last, to teach fifth anyway. I think I've long been ready for a change.
Handy Man's birthday is tomorrow, but we've already begun the celebration.
He's had a steady flow of visitors, cards, gift cards, a new novel, balloons, strawberry jam and a yummy homemade dessert.

Then fresh picked strawberries.  Ever eat them dipped in sour cream and brown sugar?  
Don't knock it till you've tried it.
You're welcome stop by and see him tomorrow as well. We've still got plenty of cake.

Then it was a Juanita's People Fest at my nephew Tony's.
Thank you Tony and Beki for hosting. I know exactly how much fun that is and how much work.

We celebrated Handy Man with another cake.

 







I mean really, is there anything finer than a serving tray of spent rifle shells to go with your pretty pink dresses?
I'm sorry, this cracks me up.  While my family can be a little wild and crazy, perhaps now and again in the wrong direction, I gotta love when no one bats an eye at the joy of this discovery.



The key to my heart, some good tunes and a baby- done and done.  My great-great nephew.

 I wasn't moving around much this evening and turned my camera over to Missy Bugg.  She did a good job capturing shots important to me.  Like when I get to share a moment with these kiddos I love so dearly.



Of course, she caught Rae laughing.

And when I see the older ones teaching the younger ones- be still my heart.  It just speaks family to me. 






I got the camera back to get a snap of Missy Bugg. 








Thanks Aunt Tish and SuzQ for pulling it all together.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. It looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete