Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Busy Birthday

Lots of visitors for Handy Man's birthday. Drummer Boy brought the littles who played while he cut the grass on Sunday.  Rae came with her family, along with Gardener E. and his Mom and Sister. Ceece had some lunch with us and a great visit, bringing Pap's favorite beverage.  Our day was busy and full.
Monday was quieter. I continued to spend time on an ice pack, but wandered out and about for a bit to pull some dastardly creeping charlie and put in a few more tomatoes.
I went back to school on Tuesday and three amazing blessings showed up to help me clean and move 5th grade materials across the hall. What a gift!   I was back today for a technology P.D, but left early for a therapeutic massage appointment that did seem to relieve the discomfort in my hip and leg.  Handy Man's neck has been bothering him and our therapist had another half hour, so he greatly appreciated her tackling his sore neck.
Then we went to visit our new digital library and learned how to use the laser cutter, engraver.  How cool is it for our very own library to have a maker space. As if I could even be more in love than I already am with that book paradise!
 If you ever care to see Handy Man's grouchy side, just take a computer class with him.  "Dear, please don't cuss at this sweet girl librarian."  The instructor could not have been any better.  Even Handy Man's inappropriate distress calls did not ruffle her feathers in the least. She just rushed right over and undid what he didn't want done, set things aright and by George, he got it.

This was cut and engraved. I'm guessing this is how he sees himself now since much of his days are spent reading. 

I desire for this to be my motto. Some days it seems so, others, not so much. 
Just so you know, as I would never want to deny you a glimpse of our amazing creativity and talent, it took me a half hour to move these two pictures from my camera onto this page for your viewing pleasure.  
I've been experiencing one unusual occurrence after another with this ol' Mac.  I got it in 2009 and at about three and half years had to get a new hard drive.  This one has  gone on a long time and it is giving it up, I fear.  Not the best timing, but I can't say I haven't gotten my money's worth. 
So now I had best go and delete the hundreds of extra pictures it loaded that I didn't want it to before it blows from the load of thousands of pictures.
We did learn that the surgery will be at our local hospital.
I also learned that my favorite nurse will on vacation. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

4 comments:

  1. Come on June 12. You can't get here too soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this waiting, ugh. Phil has been great, but I see impatience growing side by side with dread as the day approaches. Poor guy.

      Delete
  2. I pray for both of you daily. Hope to get out to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete