Monday, May 13, 2019

Yes, I Checked

The top of my head is still there. No one is more surprised than me.
I'm thinking through how this has gone, how I could have been given such wrong information and timing.
So the cardiologist shared, three weeks ago today, that basically, Handy Man's heart was nearly finished and scared us to death.
Next comes the surgeon, which will be three weeks this Wednesday, to say he will have a cardiac MRI in seven to ten days, and then proceed with surgery, if he is a candidate, or other options. As if this was all going to happen, like just as soon as it could, as in most every heart patient I've ever known.
So, it wasn't seven to ten days, it was sixteen and since it was on Friday, I knew it would be a few days until we knew what we were dealing with.
Know how to plan for our life.
We did the follow-up with the cardiologist and nephrologist who assured us that they would see us after surgery and the follow-up with the surgeon.
All day  today I waited to hear from Handy Man which day this week we would have the follow-up and instructions for what would happen next.
I came home at lunch since no one was coming for a visit today- nothing.
When I hadn't heard anything by the end of school, I knew I would have to start calling tomorrow.
I had a conference after school and during that the time, the call came from the surgeon.
June 6th.
What?  You must have misunderstood.
No, June 6th.
Six plus weeks from striking terror in our hearts. Six weeks to wait and know absolutely nothing, except the warning we were given that his heart could just stop at any time.
I just don't get it.
These are times that try men souls.
Is this Divine Intervention that I can't see, that makes room for possibilities I can't understand?
Or is it just being jacked around by  the system who just isn't the least bit concerned?
It surely makes my head spin.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

  1. Still will continue to pray, we all have to have faith nothing will happen, God is with you and Handy Man, Keep the faith that everything will come out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much want to do just that. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. You didn't blog anything for a few days so not thinking, "no news is good news" my worry wart grew a little bigger. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Mother's Day without a Mother just did not leave me much to say that was positive.
      I fear my worry wart has wrapped me round.

      Delete