Friday, May 17, 2019

Just Some Digging

Long time visitors here might recall that a couple of years back I requested garden beds for all future gifts.
This Mother's Day saw my second one completed.
Handy Man had threatened that I would have to drive the truck to the dirt place to get the filling.  I don't drive his truck. It is too important to him and way too big for me to feel comfortable.
He insisted.
So I drove into the place and pulled over and had him drive all around the place.
I loved, even though it was just a few minutes, to see a very content look on his face. Loved that few minutes of so normal when he was where he likes to be and so was I.
When we were loaded and paid, we switched again.
We pulled into the yard and I again turned it over to him to get the truck in place for emptying.
I said I had to get a picture of him and he said he had to get one of me.  I said, "Oh, fine, I'll just delete it."  He said his picture wasn't going here if mine didn't.
Ugh.
So, between us, we emptied the truck.
This picture right chere is why he has such a hard time believing his heart is in the shape it's in.


The doctor's orders were to do anything that didn't make him breathless.  I keep talking to him because I recognize a change in his voice when he's done too much.  We took a little break, but not long.
I went up the hill to dig up some mountain mint to plant in the corners.  Deer don't care for mint, so doing all I can to keep them out of the garden.



2 comments:

  1. I know. Everyone is amazed. I think I'm going to have to make tee shirts for him to wear to show what his heart looks like.

    ReplyDelete