Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Food for the Eyes

I have long said it is not good for me to have too much thinking time.  I was right about that.
But thinking time can be good too.
 I was making rounds with food for my vulnerable people and Gardner E. was one of my stops.
I am not exactly sure how we became such good friends, but food probably did play into it. When I was an instructional assistant and PTO participant, thirty years ago, I did feed the teachers a lot.  You add our love of flowers and plants, pooches and teaching, good books and art, and it results in a happy friendship.  She retired and not long after I began as a classroom teacher.  She has been faithful to come and do art with my kids, and bring first Fiona and now Thalia along.  She has also been faithful in loving my own kids and agreeing with me that I have the smartest, cutest gramerlings on the planet.
Today I toured her woodland garden.  What a perfect day to visit with all these beauties.  I thought perhaps other flower lovers might enjoy strolling along. You can click on the pictures and see them larger.                Good medicine.



Woodland Phlox

Euphorbia

Hartlege Wine Calycanthus (sweet shrub)

Columbine

Candy Tuft

Georgia Blue Veronica

Wild Columbine




Dwarf Wild Fern

Arum

Star of Bethlehem

Royal Purple Cotinus

Prayer Flag

Dwarf Peony

Wild Larkspur

Epimedium Bandit

Wild Geranium 


Japanese Primrose


Dwarf Peony 

Wild Larkspur

Wild Iris 

White Virginia Bluebells

Goat Dandelion

Scent and Sensibility Lilac


Creeping Woodland Phlox

Wild Geranium

Phlox


Anemone Nemrose Viridiflorum

Pussy Toes

English Bluebells Scilla

No comments:

Post a Comment