Thursday, April 30, 2020

All the Pretty Colors

Jimi came home last evening.  An exact repeat of the week before, but let's pray that they actually nipped the big bleeder and that he gets a long break from hospitaling.  Thank you for your prayers.

Speaking of prayers, this was my reading yesterday-Timothy 2:2-4 New Living Translation (NLT) 2  Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3  This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4  who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
It reminded me of how the Hobbit starts and I wonder if this influenced Tolkien, but also the importance of praying for those who make decisions that affect us all and I try to be mindful to do that.  I think about what it would really take to live a quiet life.  We are so bombarded on every side by opinions and actually discerning the facts takes more time and effort than I can summon, if it can even be done.
A sweet local doc is on fb today  explaining to us ridiculousness of gloves.  I know, people are ridiculous sometimes, but I wear gloves at the grocery.  Why, because the bleach wipes are such an irritant to my hands.  I put them on  highly moisturized hands when I walk in and shuck them off, not in the parking lot, but in the trash as I walk out.    
I also carry the bleach wipes and just lay them across the pushing bar on the cart. I pick up products with another wipe.  I've already had a cashier smart off to me about the ineffectiveness of my plan, not realizing I was using different wipes.  Who cares, right?  Well, when you feel the burden of being the bearer of a killer germ to your husband, or your brother, I care and I don't need her opinion.    
"Quiet lives marked by Godliness and dignity."  Wow, what a goal.
For the most part though, I've found folks at stores to be helpful and kind and I try to smile big through my mask and thank them for coming to work. 

I always love to feel l like I'm feeding my people nourishing food.  I roasted a big pan of root veggies, which we had as a side dish on Tuesday.  Yesterday I picked fresh lettuce that came up in my garden bed from last year's that I let go to seed.  I warmed the veggies, sprinkled goat cheese on top and made the dressing from my violet vinegar.  So yummy. 
 And then soup made with good bone broth from grass fed critters with more roasted veggies.
 Oh, and this, well- oatmeal, dark chocolate and cherries.  Not too bad.

Let's all continue to use wisdom to do the best we can in such trying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment