Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Corona Style

Those Playdaters grow up into some beautiful people.  Our first Playdate helper grew up to be a minister and I really enjoyed watching her  Easter service this morning.  I felt like I had been to church.

I've always felt like I really should be celebrating Jesus' birth and resurrection every day, try anyway to keep that in my heart, but I've always made the actual calendar days a big deal.  
How to do that this year?
I made  a vat of dumplings, some bread, hummus from scratch and the traditional coconut and lemon tarts. I gloved up to fill eggs. We had drive-by Easter and everyone signed up for a time.  

 A care package to go.










I missed a picture of Aunt Tish and Jordan and Lucas and also Gardner E., also, the masked Handy Man delivered treats to his Mom and family as well, so here are some pictures of Easter past.










And this little missy who celebrated 8 years  on Monday.




 And this little booger who turns nine on Wednesday. What?  How can that be?



Ol' Mother Hubbard did a drive by on Friday.  I know we all have to do what we have to do, but I surely do love to see them, even if it is six feet away.
It was a bit chilly, so I started a fire and we roasted marshmallows.  We talked gardens and Ol' Henry and I walked around and he pointed to things he wanted and we dug them up.  He left with abelia, quince, mountain mint, peppermint and peonies.   The girls adorned themselves with wildflowers while Baby Boy took apart the water pump, played with the chickens and bunnies and shared with me about books he's read.   A great afternoon.





With all that has changed, the significance of this day has remained the same through the ages. Praise be!

No comments:

Post a Comment