Sunday, April 28, 2019

Prettying Things Up

This morning, we went to visit his Mom. She had not been able to see him yet, and I surely do know how Mamas fret. Sunday is his usual visiting day.  He then went to church with me. He said the ministers had been to see him so often, he guess he needed to go see them. 
That was plenty, so an afternoon of rest for the Handy Man.
Drummer Boy came out to weed eat and mow again already.


This littlest Pixie is turning four.  Our baby!
 Aunt Tish and Jordan came as well to help me  clean out the chicken coop and weed and mulch and pull the  porch out of the grip of winter dog house and leaf debris.


Phil so appreciates them all jumping in, but I know he also is sad, being a bystander.
He was able to grill chicken for our dinner and it felt, for a minute, well just normal to have a kitchen full of hungry kids.  Buttercup helped me make the coconut cream pies that didn't get made from Easter.  
I had to run to school to leave the sub some lesson plans. I didn't realize it was so late.  I got about half way through before dark.  I have no idea what it is, but dark is when this situation is the most frightening.  I'll have to go back and finish in the morning.
I think we're both ready for a big rest!

1 comment:

  1. It seems like the devil is in the darkness. God bless you & keep you & make His face to shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete