Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Be Still My Heart

So, went to work to sign FMLA papers today.  I told Handy Man to go to see his friends.  He said you weren't supposed be in the work area when you weren't working. I replied, umm, well let's just say I replied something that ended with,"Just go." He did and everyone was glad to see him. 

He took his uniforms back in and learned all about what his forty-one years of never being late and not missing a day for thirty-nine years, plus thousands of hours of overtime and weekends gets him.
Suffice it to say, it was a sad day.

Then you have to take the papers to the doctor, and then you have to pick them up and take them back.

Finally after four days, countless phone calls, I picked up that prescription an hour before he was supposed to have his next dose. Some magician finally waved their magic wand and we went from four days of pills at 134 dollars, to thirty days for $40. That is some serious magic. I need that wand.

Some folks have commented that  they are afraid to call and disturb him. Let's set some parameters.
8 to 11 in the morning, 3 to 6 in the afternoon are good times to call or visit. That way he can have an afternoon nap.  Nothing set in stone there.

He appreciates the thoughts, cards and visits and please don't stop those prayers.

We still have no appointment for the cardiac MRI. I will start calling tomorrow.

The porch sitting is so lovely.  Hope you have some porch sitting wherever you are .

3 comments:

  1. We were happy to see him! I will keep praying for him and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly- are you both taking FMLA? I hope so. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't taken it yet. My principal is doing backflips to let me do what I need to do. I'll have to reconsider once we know a plan.

      Delete