Monday, April 22, 2019

On the Road Again, the ICU Road

I started this blog back in the day when I couldn't keep up with keeping everyone informed when Kaye was so ill.  I've continued, more as my personal journal, as blogging is now old school. 
Well, I'm back to another serious illness and my fingers and battery cannot keep up on my phone.   It is lovely to have so many praying and concerned. I don't want to not let people who want to know and to have whatever new information is coming in.
Handy Man and I went to the ER Thursday evening due to shortness of breath and swelling in his lower extremities.  We weren't there long before they were pulling off fluid and he was feeling better. From that night, until today, one awful thing after another has been revealed with each new test.  It is like playing a way wrong lottery and every ticket has your name on it.  First it was blood clots in the legs, then it was renal failure, then it was that his heart pump (ejection fraction) is only 20 percent, then it was 100 percent blockages and lastly, today, blockages in the arteries in his neck. He is in critical need of by-pass surgery, but it can't be done until the dye is out of his system after dye requiring procedures.
I've always been a big picture person, but I am full up to my ears of bad news. We are shocked and instead of moving forward it feels like there is just another slap around every corner.
I appreciate my kids and sister and friends who circle the wagons. I appreciate every prayer.  I have no words for the level of appreciation of people in the medical field we're blessed to know and love, who blaze the trail in this dark and smokey maze for Handy Man and I.  We have a long road still, and I know that the prayers will be what it takes to get us to a healthier Handy Man.  Please continue to lift him up to the Lord.
Today, when the cath doc led me through the closed off arteries in his heart, it  is just impossible that only three weeks ago we were climbing up the side of mountain to stand in the Cumberland Gap.

What is even harder to understand is his color is great, his appetite is great. He doesn't have trouble getting up and around, nothing hurts. It is just crazy that all this could be real.
Well, time to head back to our current digs in ICU.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, sweet lady! So glad I got to visit with you recently and see hubby, too, and the whole clan. Thoughts and prayers for some good news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need anything that I could help with please let me know

    ReplyDelete