Thursday, April 25, 2019

Life in a Vest

Though outside our window it was gray and rainy all day, we experienced some sunshine in our room.  Handy Man's kidney function remained normal.  The surgeon stopped by to say the blockage in the carotid  artery was less than expected, meaning no action on that at this time.
Next came the life vest that will start his heart if it should be in failure.  Lots of explaining and trying out different things.  Handy Man says he looks like a suicide bomber.  Boy, things get very real when you start strapping on a heart shocker.

Just the cardiologist left to give the okay to be homeward bound tomorrow.

Last was Dr. Big Cat Daddy.  I've learned to brace myself before he walks through the door.  What an interesting character.  So, he walks in, and wants to examine the life vest front and back and also comments on it looking like a bomber vest. I know not to relax. I'm getting wise.
He states- "I had a patient who didn't think she needed to wear hers.   She's dead, 36 years old."
 Have mercy, poor lady.
I wanted to say that we are completely grasping of the gift of this vest. "Yes, we get it!" There is no further need to get our attention.
But I accidentally wrangled the tiniest bit of good news from this encounter. I said I wanted a CD of the heart cath. My kids want to see that giant branch artery.  He said, "How would you know what your looking for?"  I replied, "Well, you showed it all to me."  The happy slip, " The surgeon thinks that branch artery is what's going to save his life, " and went on to explain.  So, the surgeon does have hope for a successful surgery.  Drummer Boy says we'll call it his Jesus Branch.  This is the place we're in, happy over the idea that they will take out a section of his heart.  Mercy, takes my breath.

Then my sweet pastor stopped by.  She said she was praying the prayers for the doctors and everyone involved and just felt the Lord wanted her to pray for straight up healing that He could do.  Yes and Amen, I surely agree to that.

I know people don't, but I believe all good and perfect gifts from come from above, however the Lord wants to heal him is good by me.

So perhaps we will get home tomorrow.  Handy Man is ready to climb back into his own bed and eat my food.
He took several walks today and continues to look very not sick.

As always, appreciative of visits, treats, lunches and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Am glad things are getting better . Praying for more good news and soon recovery. God is good ! I know God will do a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, I enjoyed our day. Prayers being lifted as ever...”but joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God.” Psalm 146:5

    ReplyDelete