Sunday, December 23, 2012

Let's Don't Forget the Christmas PJs



The Captain's First Christmas
A long standing tradition that continues with the Gramerlings is pajamas.  At our house, it the one gift opened before heading to Granny's on Christmas Eve. That way, they were ready to hop into bed when we arrived home late. 
Except for this Christmas.

 This was their gift from Mom.  I don't think about it much, but when I go back through these pictures, it reminds me how different things are and how they change.  They all got these, because it was a big deal to find matching pajamas in all their sizes.  Just twenty five years ago ( well, I guess that is quite a bit) and now you can outfit the whole family including the dog, cat, teddy bear and your dolly,  in matching anything and everything with the click of a button.


 
Sometimes their pajamas matched, and sometimes they were based on the kiddo's likes and personalities.
I include this pik because I didn't take the time to hunt up the years that followed the above pictures when painting tees and sweats was all the rage.  Probably for three or four years running, my kiddos received painted pajamas covered in all kind of interesting items and lots of  paint and glitter. It was interesting to try to paint them, then keep them out of sight.  Rae is wearing a spring one I painted, along with a child, our friend Jill. The child being her favorite thing to wear. Some things never change.
For Christmas at Gramerly and Pap's there are also pajamas for the wee folk.
The hope was to get a picture of all of them, but Buttercup was too sick to come and Buttons needed a early trip home, so no whole group in jammies.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I am way behind in my reading but glad I got to see all the cute pj pics!

    ReplyDelete