Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Warm and Wooly

So after last week's washing, we carded our wool today and learned a bit about wool felting. This warm, humid weather isn't the best time for wool I guess, but they all seemed to enjoy it.
While some were hearing a story, others were working with the wool they carded.




 We had felted bunnies, penguins, bumble bees and even a flag.






Bugg's lilly bloomed this week.  I planted a bed of these as she and I enjoyed all things garden and flowers for a time and that is her actual name. Looks like she'll miss the blooming this year. 



 I have no idea where this seed pod came from but I love this picture.
 So happy to see this phlox about to bust out.  I don't have good luck with them.  This a return one, so that is lovely.
 I usually buy bushes on clearance, but this beauty caught my eye and I grabbed her up. She does not disappoint. Makes me happy every time I see her.

Numerous times I have tried and failed to grow any kind of poppy.  When I visited Tasha Tudor's garden I saw exactly one poppy seed pod. I asked if I could have it and they were happy to let me.  
From that two little starts came forth and then finally, it bloomed. 

Color me excited as I could be. 

If you heard a squeal coming from this direction, it was probably me.  I think it looks quite Seussical.  
She turned her face to sun as the morning went on, then straight up.  I hope she will self seed. 


Uncle Jimi is really having a kind of awful time of it.  I feel so brokenhearted for him.  That procedure that saved his life, hasn't given him much of a life.  He is struggling.  I would appreciate prayers for healing for him and wisdom for us to know how to best get him on a right road.

No comments:

Post a Comment