Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere

The little school garden is busting out all over. I just can't believe so many clearance plants lived through that drought and came roaring back.
A couple of friends love the dirt and plants as much as me and there is a bit of a mystery in the garden, so I invited them to meet me in the garden for lunch yesterday after tutoring.
One little item that popped up was a little tuft of leaves, very neon green, but shaped just like the greenery of a lilly.  Only they seemed to just appear and not do anything, no getting bigger, no putting out a stem. I didn't remember planting anything that looked like that and I just left them, to see what would happen.
Well, what happened is a lilly on a very short stem. I've never seen anything like it. Have you? There are probably a couple of dozen scattered about, but this is the only tuft with a bloom.




I remember  the pot of these little yellow flowers was marked down to a dollar. I bought it even though it was an annual because it was so cheery. Well I guess, due to our mild winter, it self seeded.  and those little yellow gems are scattered all around. 


 I'm thinking through the quarantine, some sweet kiddos hid painted rocks and stones.  The boys were thrilled. They redid most of the ones they found and  were anxious to try and make some themselves.

It was just a perfect day for a picnic and a garden stroll.

 I had a busy morning preparing for Playdate.  I try to get as much of the cooking done as possible.  Because this was the last cooler day with low humidity, I decided to do a cook out.  I got a couple of loaves of bread made with the rye flour I've been searching for months.  I had everyone looking and Rae won the prize.  I had a couple of errands to run before picking up Jimi, so thankfully I headed out early, only to find my car battery was dead as a doornail. Michael came and saved me!
It was Veterenarian Playdate.
All our babies got tender loving care-


Mr. Smiley needed to saw logs for the fire.

We had a surprise visitor.  Perhaps he/she noticed that the Vet's office was open and needed, umm, I don't know, what do snakes need. You can click on this picture to make it bigger if you can't see the visitor. 



After so very many hospital visits and blood still lower than normal, Uncle Jimi hasn't done much besides dialysis.  They made it out tonight.

 I think he might look a little better than he feels.  He is going to start physical therapy at home, so hoping for some "feeling better"  days for him.
 Oh my, I so love these cooler days and am not looking forward to a return to the nineties.

No comments:

Post a Comment