Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Some Days a Diamond

Somedays a stone. Sometimes both in one, like today.
We had Playdate last Tuesday, but I didn't take a single picture.
After that I had a friend day. A couple of friends for lunch and a friend for supper.  We visited all afternoon, then another friend and we visited all evening.  I think everyone is desperate for a change of pace.  It was fun.
Well, I finally caved.  When we first moved here, mosquitos were not much of a problem. By the time I went back to school in late summer, they seemed to get worse, but I was spending less time in the yard.  The past couple of years they've gotten worse and this year they were eating me alive, and likely whoever I am having to eat in the yard.  I called Mosquito Joe's.  Supposedly it will be no detriment to the bees and butterflies  I try so hard to attract.


On Friday, we had some Playdate with Aunt Tish.





 Then I went to Ol' Mother Hubbard's to feed the new baby.  Everett was interested in being the photographer.





This is Joe and his farmer mama. 


Has to have a little pill before bottle time. 

  Wow, he's little but strong. Apparently in the field they really butt the mama cow hard when it is time to nurse. I'm guessing that brings her milk down.  He could easily knock you down. Handsome guy.

Then I've been very busy getting ready for tutoring two days a week. Which will take place outside. 

Continuing to help Jimi with transport.  Thankfully, he's managed to stay out of the hospital. The procedure to stop the bleeding  causes some unpleasant side affects and he is still awfully weak.  

Still have lots of transplants that need watering if we go a day or two without rain.

 And today was Playdate Two and Auntie G-Lou's anniversary.  She died the morning of a Playdate five years ago, but this morning it sort of felt like it just happened. Grief is so strange.
 Here's the familiar tee shirt tree.

 Storytime.

We dodged showers all day long. 
 Lots of minnows.
 Creek paint.


 I think I made two gallons of taco meat, Texas fudge, guacamole, wilted lettuce salad, refried beans and of course, bread. Doesn't everyone eat three loaves of bread with tons of tacos.
I'm thankful to Lord for the opportunities for play because I know, in about two minutes they'll all be grown. Grateful for the energy and ability to feed them all.   But, umm, that energy is just about gone, so off to bed for me, as I will have more for tutoring first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment