Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Busy as Buzzy Bees

Tomorrow is the last day for a three week tutoring/enrichment session I've done on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I will have a week off and then start another three week session before I head back to school.  Giddy-up is not one to miss anything with kids his age, so he joined my little group.
We've been learning about cleaning and carding wool this week.


Rachel has us over and made Handy Man homemade sour dough beignets.  Yum .  We enjoyed a tour of the their garden and peeked at the hard working bees before we left.


 More sourdough sandwich loaves.

 I brought the new phones we needed to buy as we were warned ours would start dropping calls and what not.  A usual disaster. Poor Rae probably thought we were moving in when I finally told whoever was on the other end of her phone, after two and a half  hours, that I simply could not do this anymore and poor Handy Man would have to track down his contacts. I am old.


The Captain invited us down to his little wee cabin on the river for Father's Day.

  A bit earlier in the week, I was dismayed that Playdate was scheduled to be 90 degrees and severe storms, but the weekend was supposed to be warm and sunny.  Ummm.
We did manage to eat lunch, then it rained for most of the rest of the day. 


 It did not appear to bother the kids one whit.
 They swam, fished, kayaked and had the time of their lives.  Not another soul around but us.


 So, for Playdate today, I did the fleece cleaning and dying with the older girls. It didn't rain a drop.


 It amazes me that you don't aggitate or swish much, and how much dirt comes out. You have to dump the dirty water in the gravel, not down the drain as it is full of lanolin.






 For a few years before she headed south, Aunt SuZQ would come to Playdate and bring iced mint tea.  I made some today and we toasted her with a smile.
 Today was Antebellie's turn to be the reader. The older girls are such a terrific help.

Then they headed to the creek and that was the end of pictures.  Today's supper was kind of involved with tons of grilled chicken, baked potatoes, homemade bread and bread pudding.   Aunt Tish brought pesto and a cilantro dressing, and ramen slaw.
Uncle Jimi came again this week.  He is struggling.  The ammonia very seriously impairs he's thinking.  It seems to me that he knows it does, so he's very quiet, knowing that often what he says is not what he meant.  Joy and heartbreak just walk beside me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment