Saturday, July 13, 2013

Klub Kimby

Wow, what an amazing turn of events weather wise. After days of high heat and rain, yesterday was just fabulous. A breeze, big fluffy white puff balls against such stunning blue, low heat and humidity, practically perfect in every way.
My older ones were looking forward to an afternoon of make-up fun at Klub Kimby.

 Have you heard of Club Tabby?  Neither had I until a year and a half ago when I was invited there for my great niece's birthday.  I don't go to all of their kiddie parties at local kiddie places much anymore, but this was actually the week that Kaye passed away and I felt like Ol' Mother Hubbard needed the support and Ceece needed someone to take Missy Bugg, so away we went that Saturday morning.

Can we  say, " OVERSTIMULATION."
Very loud, very obnoxious music, flashing lights of all colors and make-up and hair for the party girls.  I don't really have any issues with kidlets playing in make-up, or crazy hair, but this was awful.  Florescent painted hair and face paint that made adorable little girls look very scary to me.  I called and warned the Captain before I showed up with his child, who looked nothing like his child.  The girls, they loved it and thought it was a big time.

Well, a trip to the local Big Lots turned up some hair paint and my idea of doing Klub Kimby for Playdate was born, sans the lights and music, thank you.




 It was a big hit.  The best part was watching Baby Boy do his own face painting- hysterical!




 All dressed and where to go?  To the creek of course with some diva poses.



 Still, there's work to do. Time to scrub out the creek, so you don't fall.






OOPS!
You'll note Ol' Mother Hubbard saved that Diet Coke.  We have our priorities right I'm telling ya.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures! Amara would have fit right in and had a blast! Baby Boy just cracks me up! Almost looks as if he was eating that lipstick!

    ReplyDelete