Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I See Red

I had thawed some burger that I needed to use. As I've said, I am genetically indisposed to cooking for two people, and the receivers of the extra don't usually mind all. So today I turned my thoughts to marinara. Though homegrown tomatoes are my summer delight, I've never not had a ton of all varieties of canned tomatoes in my pantry.  Well, go figure. Not today.

Since St. Patrick's Day and Dr. Seuss' birthday have passed, I'm not sure how green spaghetti sauce would go over. 
Then I remembered a precious friend who just recently dropped off some of her summer sweetness and hard work to me.


Thank you Andrea!  You saved the tank of sauce!!

Who is that masked bandit?  I took him to the cardiologist, who was very pleased with how he's improving. He very much wants him in cardiac rehab, but that is off the table for now. 


Ceece provided the mask out of  a bandana I had, since most of us have hardly ever seen him without one.  Usually it is on his head, but desperate times, right?

Yesterday, when I was waiting for him to come out of dialysis, I cried.  My heart just broke for those already so vulnerable to not have a choice of social distancing.  
And all around me, awful and sad  and hard things continue.  We didn't get a complete "Get Out Of Regular Life" altogether did we?
As I am writing, Selah is singing, "I Bless Your Name."  A song about Paul and Silas singing in the midst of pain and chains.

Merciful Lord, in anyway they can, a kind word, a song, a delivery, whatever, let people be Your hands and feet to others, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment