Monday, March 30, 2020

E-Learning = Frustration

I wanted to do my e-learning videos outside- failed in that attempt.  So here is what I rigged up in my living room. Don't breathe hard it will all fall over.
I sit in the wing back navy chair in this left corner and that covered piece of plywood Handy Man just cut is my desk, or whatever. I move that lamp around when it looks too dark.

So this morning I logged on to our school server and sent all my chub winging through the ether  to my students.  What I mean is, I click on homeroom, it opens a message, I cut and paste the links.
Some of them could open it, some couldn't, some didn't get all three, some did.  So I've stayed busy all day answering questions and resending.

Today I worked on a few more.  Surely not my favorite way to teach.
Before we went our separate ways, I sent the kids a packet to make a pocket book about Ireland, as well as to write a letter to their future child- Dear Child of Mine, to chronicle what is happening during this siege with Covid-19.  Some of their work is coming back to me via e-mail and it makes me smile.


In between answering e-mails and resending video links, I work outside. Today was work in Mom's garden and trimming Kaye's rose.  Suddenly this song came back to me. I don't recall how very long it has been since it even crossed my mind, but she liked it because of the part that said, "and if it be thy will Lord, to go across the sea," as Pete was a far off in the war.
lyrics jesus use me don't refuse me

Our Chief Medical officer at the local hospital has sent his first missal out still asking for compliance with social distancing.  That is Handy Man's doc, well one of them. I really like that guy.  It is so nerve wracking though to hear when Uncle Jimi's appointments go right on.  He has three tomorrow.
I wish he could have had that "stay at home, nighttime dialysis."  Lord give us strength.


Smile on Smile













No comments:

Post a Comment