Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Candy Houses

For no good reason, I would like to know how many of these little houses I've made over the past thirty years.  About the time the kids are of the age to work on them completely independently, they aren't so interested anymore. Ah, life.
 Bean and Bugg helped me put them together.



 




 This newest little pixie wasn't sure what to think.  Those brownest almond eyes and tiniest nose are so very petite and pixieish.
 Giddy-Up was so very excited make  his house, and even more excited to eat it.





















 I'm not often at a loss for words, but I think I've about said all there is say about candy houses before- several times. The little pictures, as I'm guessing you've already figured out, are pictures from six years ago.
After getting everyone fed sausage, biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls, then the houses, I turn them out to the most beloved activity- Chicken chasing.

"Hold it, hold it."  "Bawk, bawk."




 
 And then we need to set traps to catch more chickens.  Sadly, this did not work as well as hoped so
 the chase continued.
 Mr. Smiley loves my glasses.

It was a big fun time and like usual of the last few years, I wonder if I've lost my mind doing this again and then am happy that I did.
I've been having Tuesday Christmas Tea at Mom's.  We decorated more houses.  Just no end to the busyness around these parts.

1 comment:

  1. I always love all the photos of them decorating their houses and carefully licking all the frosting off their fingers! But I must say the pictures of the girls holding the chickens just captured my heart!

    ReplyDelete