Sunday, June 20, 2021

Beauty and the Beast

 Whoa, back to the land of the living.  Last Sunday, which somehow seems like a long time ago, my day was full in a way it has not been for 15 months.  I started at Ms. Glitzy's so long SMK affair at school. I had to hurry home to get to Louisville to see my Annabelle and Emmeline wow us in their roles as Mrs. Potts and the Wardrobe in Beauty and the Beast.  Kudos to all for a job well done. I hate that I didn't get pictures in their adorable costumes.


Then it was off to a graduation for a former 5th grader of mine.  Good times.

Monday kicked off camp.  I do a math camp from 9 to 10:30, then reading from 10:30 to 12:30, for three weeks.  This is my kind of teaching, where they are up and moving every few minutes with creek play interspersed. I love it for a host of other reasons.  One, I love, love planning camps.  I don't why. This camp has been in the works for months. I also love that my daughter, older Gramerlings  and former students get on board to help out.  Some of mine not old enough to help come as campers.  Living the dream folks.  Then the bonus.  I usually bring some home with me, or they join for a special treat lunch date and maybe a trip to Michael's where we look and dream some more. I love the ideas and talents they bring to the table. What I don't like, worrying about weather and someone getting hurt, so lots of prayers going up for our little camp.  After two weeks of rain, last week's sunny weather was a God sent blessing! And a week down without a scratch- praise the Good Lord!  



This week I add an art camp from 1-3, so I'll be one tired ol' teacher by the end of this week. 

Tuesday afternoon was Playdate fun to prep for the art camp. We were making air modeling clay and fashioning things like jewelry, flowers, arrowheads, etc. 

The recipe was great for small things, but couldn't support itself to be a pot.  This one got the notion of letting it dry on her knee.  Great idea, didn't work, but nice try. 















Of course, the story and snacks, often not read by me any longer. 

  
An old school friend on FB was recently showing off a beautiful poppy field in her little village in Germany. 
Here's my poppy field. I've tried and tried to grow poppies, but they are not interested at all in my efforts. 

Now this shady spot under the pine tree is much happier. 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that camp is going so well! Happy, happy, happy teacher and Gramerly!

    ReplyDelete