Wednesday, June 9, 2021

So, It Rained Today, Again

 This has been a super wet early summer. It is great for all the many transplants I have, but it is also dreary. 

Back in the day, we were neighbors with the Ledgers and spent a good deal of time together. Now everyone is all grown up, but a few years back I asked their daughter if she would like to join us for Playdate.  When I return to school, she and Rae continue to meet often for what they term Wild School Wednesdays and the kiddos, regardless of weather, play in the woods. Back to her parents, they were coming to join us for Playdate this week. I got a message from Deb asking if Playdate was still on with the rain forecast. I commented to Rae that worse things than rain didn't cancel Playdate.  


Glenda died six years ago at 7 am on the morning of the first Playdate of summer.  I had been at the hospital more than home the few days before and had nothing ready.  Still, I didn't want to cancel.  I found the crowd of kids soothing.

Then another three years passed and on another Playdate we learned that David was gone.  He's been on my mind all week as his birthday is Friday.

I love how unbothered the kids were by the rain. Off to the creek we went to play.  They know the drill, more showering from the hose with orange Dial Soap and then a towel, snack and story on the porch. It was great have dinner with old friends, three generations laughing, talking remembering.

Sometimes joy and sorrow seem to walk hand in hand. 

I thank the Lord for such days.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe Glenda has been gone more than 6 years; doesn't seem possible time has flown by so quickly. So glad you had playdate in the rain, how fun!

    ReplyDelete