Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Opening Day at Playdate

 School was officially out on Friday afternoon.  Honestly, school is seldom ever off my mind.  I have   a three week camp coming up and then my focus will be on my next group of third graders. 

This year I really enjoyed team teaching with a sweet teacher, younger than my own kids.  We worked really well together.  She, sadly, is not returning to our little school, that is not such a little school anymore.  And my meet up after school, take a walk, or visit while we eat our daily apple, Ms. Glitzy, is not returning either.  Well, it's only been seventeen years.  Ugh.

Still, I'm all kinds of happy and will continue to be a big fan of her trying something new.  A few of us got together Friday evening to celebrate her.  My friend Min and I wrote her song, sung to Oh' Susannah, and serenaded her on the porch and then prayed for her to go in our love and the love of the Lord.  It was a sweet time. 




And today kicked off summer playdate. Two years ago,  I was scheduled to take a class in indigo dying with Rae and Gardener E., but my plans changed and I was needed in the ICU with the Handy Man that weekend.  I am having an art class, so I wanted to try it and then do it at camp.  We gave it a whirl today and I just loved the results.  So. Fun.

Just Rae and Claire in attendance today.  Funny,  every other thing I do brings a different Gramerling to mind. I miss them when they aren't here. I'm afraid that is a one way street.  Oh well.


So, tie up the cloth 
Dip in the dye vat and out it comes, neon green.

Then the oxygen creates a chemical change. 



Amazing!






When the indigo magic show was over, we headed to the creek!



After tasty tacos we enjoyed banana splits.  Yummo!

We were peppered on and off with a gentle rain.  The rains have been perfect these last couple of weeks for new seedlings and transplants.  

Thank the Lord for a lovely start to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment