Sunday, August 30, 2020

Coming Up for Air

 Got back on the Playdate train today.  I enjoyed seeing my people.  Uncle Jimi came with his sidekick- Bekah, along with Rae and family, Aunt Tish, Jordan and Lucas and later Ceece and Missy Bugg.  Every time Jimi is himself and able to join us for a meal, I surely feel blessed to have been the provider.

School is just  a Covid Crazy dance, with who is sick, who is quarantined, who has who and what do we need to do. We are all just doing our best, but mercy, it it trying.

You know we're all desperate for entertainment when everyone who darkens my door has to take a tour of the garden and see whatever is new.

The big news is that the butterfly weed called um, well, okay, I didn't name this plant, "Hairy Balls" lived up to its name. 

Never have I seen such tiny blooms produce such a big seed pod. I bought it because it is supposed to attract monarchs and it did. When I put it in the ground it was like six inches tall and grew, well, like a weed. It has been covered with tiny , then big, then bigger caterpillars.  Then one day they were all gone as the caterpillars don't usually form their chrysalis on the host plant.  So, as I was deadheading, my stress release, look what I found.   Click on that picture, there is the butterfly wing.  How completely miraculous. God just knocks me out with such creations.  So, this littlest bit was the focus of the tours today. 


I am starting to see a lot of butterfly variety, finally, but these fat furry bees have loved, loved, loved, rolling in pollen in my garden this year. These Mexican Sunflowers are just putting on a big show.
So orange. 



And this Crepe Myrtle is like a jewel red covered bush.

Petals then fall in this tall grass and it looks like it is covered in berries. 






I will miss this garden  when autumn comes rolling in and am so thankful to have had this space to sow and reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment