Sunday, September 13, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me

 What a great birthday weekend.  Gardner E stopped by with some cool socks and graphite drawing pencils with my name ( well, the company's name) on them. So fun.

Rae whisked me away to Yew Dell Gardens for the morning Saturday. The weather was perfect and there was hardly anyone there.

I was really so surprised by many flowers and plants I am not familiar with.  Ahem, and Handy Man and Rae gave me the funds to haul some home with me. Be still  my heart. 

I can't figure why my pictures no longer load in order, boo hiss. Anywho, this is in the fairy garden. These houses, oh my.  They say if you find a career you love you never have to work another day in your life.  Yeah, well I love teaching, but let me assure you it feels very much like work to me this year.  But, if I could drive a straight nail and draw a straight line I think I could play in the woods creating these adorable fairy houses happily, all the live long day.


What a beautiful place for a wedding. 

These rose hips were bigger than my thumb. I've never seen ones so big. 



And this plant- beautiful and covered in bees.  Bush clover is this beauty's name. 



















It was totally overcast and cool and a perfect day in the garden.  

We were just going to grab a sandwich somewhere, but saw a little Mexican place with outdoor seating.  I looked at the tropical flower pots, sipped a fruity drink and pretended I was somewhere else. 


I wasn't reponsible for this Sunday dinner, so enjoyed a long soak this morning. I have also enjoyed going to church virtually with friends and family.  This Sunday I got to hear Aunt SuZQ's man sing and read. 

Aunt Tish rounded up our people and we had a big feast and big time this afternoon.  Aunt Tish made all my favorite savories like caprese salad, pesto, and salsa. Rae brought Hershey Bar Cake and Jordan brought enough bread for everyone along with homemade kraut for me, wheeee.  We had some other dishes as well, so lots of yummy choices. 




The homemade cards from gramerlings were so sweet, full of shells, chickens, rainbows, memories and a very special ring.

Giddy-Up took his first beach vacation without his Gramerly and saved shells and some sea glass to make me a card.  Whaaaa. 

As always, I love a little picking and grinning with this first born grand.  He's taught himself so much.  I am so happy we love a lot of the same kinds of music.


 And hat's off to Missy Bugg for capturing a picture I actually like.  Usually only her mama can do that.
Aunt Tish did an awesome job pulling all the parts together and with Handy Man's help was the most restful Sunday I've had in a long time. 



I love for the kids to just be little wildlings, but I also love to share some things with them. I was gifted some white wool. Today we picked jewel weed and dyed it. So pretty. 

When Mr. Smiley was in the tool shop with Pap he spied a bit of red behind something and asked Pap what it was? Another multi tool, which led to a little knife sharpening session. 

He took it so seriously. 

This Covid life has revolved around the garden and bugs and butterflies and fat bumblebees.  These snake beans are just entertaining.  I will miss this lush yard like never before when the first frost visits. Happy to have pictures to remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment