Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Still Going

Handy Man managed work well, but following up work with rehab was fairly wearing, but he did it.
My room is about as ready as it is going to be.  I probably won't be in any better shape than he will be after my first day tomorrow.
This is ever a very melancholy time for me. I so love Playdates and the garden that the transition in the heat of summer to the classroom is always a bit challenging.
I find after school starts that Sundays are hardest, so I decided to change fall Playdates to Sunday for those who could come.  This past Sunday our pastors and our interns from church joined us.  We were having a big time when folks started trickling out.  I realized I hadn't taken a picture. Ack!
I grabbed the camera and caught a few before the last of the bunch left.
We had close to 30.

I am so my mother's child. Give me someone to feed and song to join and I am golden.

Lands, I've become quite a crier this summer. Lots of loss, almost loss, gratefulness.  I have always been a family person, but it seems now more than ever.

These pictures just make me boo hoo.  I just love my sweet girls sitting around picking and singing, just for the joy of it.

And this. Oh my. I had begun to doubt I would ever see Pete smile again.  He just seemed to have a lighter step and bigger smile than I had seen in so very long.  Thank you Lord!


And these two, well they are just cute.


The whole lot of them are cute.


I hear a little rumble of thunder. Please bring some rain.  I love my little gardens, but I am weary of watering.  Guess I better just be glad I have something to water with huh?

1 comment:

  1. Such sweetness! Love all these pics...even if I can't remember everyone's name each time! Maybe I can get to a Sunday playdate soon...will have to see.

    ReplyDelete