Sunday, August 11, 2019

One Down

Handy Man and I both made it to the weekend and was glad to see it come. Handy Man commented that Saturday sure shrunk from the past weeks of Saturdays.
He's glad he was able to go back to work, but due to the need to be on light duty, it isn't the most exciting work he's ever done-inventory.
Here at home, as we prepared for Playdate this afternoon, it seemed so very normal. No, he still can't, or shouldn't be moving around huge things, and needs breaks still for some things, but it is mostly back to him being my right hand. I sure missed that and sure appreciate having it back. Thank you Lord!
We headed up to school first thing in the lovely cool morning yesterday to plant some discarded plants someone donated to our little school garden.  I mentioned that a place in Borden was clearancing their mulch, fifty cents a bag, but I didn't really know where it was or if it would be a big crowded mess.  Handy Man said to give it a go, so off we went. It was actually just past the hour of the sale, but the guy waved us in and we bought a truck load. It was the kind that is over five dollars a bag, so it felt like a steal.  We brought some home and took the rest to school.
My little second graders and I made it to the creek, but we didn't get to gardening. They will be busy spreading mulch on our little garden, which with the edition of the nine plants, isn't so little anymore. That will be their service project to the school this year.
I really enjoy their wide eyed wonder. At this point, they aren't sure if they have a teacher or a magician.  I love that.
Back to the afternoon.  I've taught so many people how to make this bread that I make all the time (I've used about 35 pounds of bread flour this summer), but it seems I'm still the only one who makes it with regularity, until my nephew Jordan.   I didn't know if I had all the bread I needed today, so be brought some to share.

The creek beckons.  




 So many of my wee folk have long since out grown the old dolphin swing, but  it is still quite fun to swing your dolly.


I enjoy these days with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. the dolphin swing. Tiny monkey and bugg. doesn't seem possible it's been 15 yrs

    ReplyDelete