Friday, August 23, 2019

Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance to the Music

The music we're dancing and celebrating is the Handy Man's healthy heartbeat.
As I expected, they would not divulge any information during the echocardiogram. I thought we'd have to wait until the follow-up on Monday, and we would have except Angel Cakes gave me a call today when it came across her mail.  When he went into surgery his ejection fraction was 14, which is somewhere around really bad.  It is now 40, no leaking valves and his  pulmonary hypertension is in the average range.  Where he is currently working he gets no cell service.  I was about to have a cat waiting to announce it to the world, but no way would I tell until he knew.  I loved hearing his laugh when I told him.  So I took him out to celebrate this evening.
That ejection fraction isn't quite normal, but it is enough to not require anymore mechanical parts, so we are thrilled and grateful for this miracle.
It is very humbling, because you know not everyone gets the chance we got and we didn't deserve it more than someone else in a health crisis.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you for every gift and card and call and prayer shown through what really was the valley of the shadow of death.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly happy to hear....I pray for you both everyday. Miss you and will keep praying for the even more great days to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Terri...can't figure out how to keep my info for my name 🥰🙏😇

      Delete