Monday, June 15, 2015

There's Got to Be a Morning After

Remember that song, way on back.
Well, I feel just about as lost and undone as I did yesterday, but the nervous energy that has propelled me through these last days and was present in full measure yesterday,  is gone.  I feel weary to my very bones.

So, we did our best and you hope it was right and enough. I absolutely love this picture Laurie-Lou chose for the service. I had never seen it.
It had been a long time, too long, since I had witnessed that radiant smile.






Per her directive, I made lots of bread and butter.

 Friends and cousins came from near and far. So great to see their sweet faces and so sad that this is the only time you get to see them it seems.  Beautiful songs were sung, precious prayers prayed, sweet words spoken, good food shared.  So, now what?

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful picture. My heart hurts for you and I'm sending you a hug -- hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever praying for you and your family. Was fun to spend a little playdate time with you yesterday. Wish I could have stayed longer, but the packing game is on! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Always love having you. Happy Packing.

      Delete