Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

Wow, haven't posted in awhile. Mostly because I've just been working, working, working. My room and my upstairs needed a very serious taking apart and putting back together, which is about all the Handy Man and I have done for the last three weeks. We're getting there.
Today was a play day. I love me some three day weekends. With three day weekends I can actually manage a day of rest.
Today I went to Michael's, then to visit my handsome blue-eyed boy. Well, I guess that doesn't tell you much, as everyone of mine are blue-eyed, despite the fact that all their Papas are brown-eyed. Well, and they are handsome too.
Giddy-up and I had a long discussion about the differences in cylinders and rectangular prisms.
We also discussed finding the area of 3d and 2d objects. He was enthralled.
So relieved that he smiles now when I come in and I was able to hold and entertain him quite a bit today. He loves to roar like a lion and better still to eat. It is simply the sweetest thing ever when he signs and says, "mo." I told Rae-rae I didn't know if there would be much use in teaching him to sign as he is saying words as fast as he's learning the signs.
Rae-rae fixed us white winter soup and roasted chicken for a warm and tasty lunch.
And, wow, Gardener E. is fixing my supper. I feel so privileged.
Well, there was still a bit of work to be done today. I needed to clean Cluckingham Palace. Much to my dismay, there was a lifeless chickie girl on the floor of the coop. I decided to be a brave and dedicated farmer girl and bury it myself. I'm not particularly surprised that the older girls are giving it up. They have been busy and laid lots of eggs in their three years. What surprises me is it is different breeds. We've lost an Andulusian, an Australorp, a Silver Wyndotte and a Red Star now to unknown causes. I guess I would have thought different breeds had different life expectancies. I fear those new roosters have also caused a lot of undue stress for the girls. I won't make that same mistake again. I kept all of them, hoping I could find them a good home, since they are rare and beautiful. Sadly, no takers. If I can't find them homes this spring then chicken soup is back on the menu boys.
Many times here I've mentioned my beloved Aunt Lois and Uncle Berry. When Uncle Berry became so fragile and disoriented last year, their son Randy moved in to take care of him and keep him home for his remaining days. He has stayed on caring for my Aunt Lois. He went into the hospital this weekend with a bad case of pneumonia. It appears that there may be more wrong and he's in need of our prayers.

3 comments:

  1. You certainly don't need any one else to be sick so I will keep lots of good thoughts for all of you.

    Sure looks like you had a wonderful 3 day holiday. Wish we had at least one of those each month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lurking for a while - enjoying your posts and unique take on life. That picture on this post has brought me out of hiding. It is so full of energy and life! And that SMILE!!!

    Don't know if you have heard about this contest:http://bit.ly/vdWPOr I have entered it, but I think your photo blows mine away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KC, yes a three day weekend once a month would be fine by me.
    Tandy- I like that name, Tandy. Thanks for stopping by. Always happy to make someone smile.

    ReplyDelete