Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weary

Back home again. I think living out of a suitcase for just at three weeks is about my limit. I wasn't home from the beach long before I headed up to Indy for a conference. The conference was fabulous. I stayed at a B & B that was charming and peaceful. An added bonus was spending sometime with Bob and Dixie, their sweet kiddos and their even sweeter grandbabies. Thanks guys for your hospitality.
Ol' Mother Hubbard left a yummy chix/mex casserole so I could come home to a good supper. Wasn't that nice?
As I said, I got a few comments and raised eyebrows about taking the little ones to the beach for two weeks. Could we have had a good time in less time? Certainly we could've of, but it would have been a very different experience. The kidlets gained so much confidence as the days went by. By the time we left even BabyBoy was happy frolicking in the waves.
The girls went from melding themselves to our legs when they couldn't talk us into holding them, to jumping the waves and riding them right on in.

The day of these pictures was our wildest and made me a wee bit uncomfortable. The waves were high, hard with the only undertow we experienced the whole time. The kids, they didn't notice anything but fun.


This trip took a lot of time, a lot of money and some stress a time or two, but those smiles, ahhh, the smiles made it all worthwhile!


2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all your pics; kids are so cute & sweet, but I can only imagine how weary you must be. Reminds me of our trips with the grands; really making special memories for them & us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a trip none of you will ever forget!

    ReplyDelete