Sunday, December 4, 2022

Holidays are Here

 Thanksgiving weekend was a busy one. Rae moved festivities to Ol' Mother Hubbard's since Tim and family were out of town. It was a nice afternoon. 

On Friday and Saturday we went to a couple of different markets to spell Uncle Tim selling his honey wares. I had the traditional turkey salad and soup for lunch and had Ms. Glitzy for her birthday on Sunday. My first attempt at Croque Madame- not too shabby. 

Yesterday was the Gingerbread House Party. I believe this is 38 years. I think I've made a thousand houses. 

The biggest boys got a table to themselves and built their own houses. 







When my kiddos began to outgrow the party, Jimi and Tim's boys were still small, so on it went. I told them they weren't allowed to stop coming till they could bring their own offspring. God love Jacob, he's kept to that most years. He wasn't able to come this year and a Gramerly generation has also left this tradition behind. It never gets easier for me. I miss them and now the dates to spend with them are so few. 

Still, I enjoy the ones who are here and a couple of new ones. Nothing beats the wide eyed wonder of a three year old at Christmas. 

My party photographer was MIA, so not too many pictures this year. 

I packed up the extras for a teacher at school with three littles and a basket full of candy for the next party at Jacob's Well. 

Wow, so very many people are so sick and most I know are not testing positive for Covid. Aunt Suzi Q is currently in the hospital, so prayers are appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment