Wednesday, May 6, 2020

9 Lives

For those of you checking in for an update, Jimi returned to the hospital via ambulance from dialysis yesterday morning.  This time in the worse shape he's been in since the first time. Hemoglobin below 4. Again, a level incompatible with life.  He's getting more poured in at the moment. I'm guessing there can be no going in to look around until he has enough blood to sustain life. It is challenging for me to settle myself to anything while I sit here waiting for each new update.

Like, my principal asked for me to do an enrichment  video for our school youtube or fb or something or other.  Boo Hiss.  There are so very many professional, amazing tutorials that I really was drawing a blank about what to do that any kid would care about. Ultimately I did it because she asked me. I don't think there is a kid who will care about it.
I remembered that I had included in my student's science packet some construction paper to make cards by putting a plant on the paper and allowing the paper around the plant to fade, creating a print of the plant on the paper, thus demonstrating the big science word "photo degradation."



Well of course, I had to do it to be able to show it. 




I didn't think it would take long to show it, so thought I'd add something else I'd been meaning to try. Supposedly, you can pound flowers and plants into material and make prints that way as well. 
I thought I'd find out how to set the dye and see if Ceece would make me  a mask.

Umm, fail.  I got mostly nothing from my pounding.  I do love how it looks in the picture though. 

So, back to this video. The fb gatekeeper couldn't use my video and asked that I just make another one on my phone.  I can't make videos on my phone first of all and second of all I don't want to have to do that again.  So after much fuss and bother and numerous back and forth e-mails, ultimately I had to put it on my fb book page so it can be shared to the school fb page or some such nonsense.  So not only have I made e-learing videos, and took a selfie that I posted on my blog, I've now put a video of my face on fb.  Done, over and out!

Edit- I don't think they can do a scope for Jimi because they can't get his blood level up to snuff.  They are going to try the "swallow the camera pill" route.  He does have a room with a window at least.  I went down this afternoon to wave at the mirrored and pray and it was noon and the employees were all out front to meet for prayer. It was sweet to see. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete