Sunday, December 1, 2019

Celebrations Galore

I failed to take my camera to Rae's on Thanksgiving, but there was loads of folks and food and a good time had by all.  Hat's off to them for hosting!
After many weeks, we finally received the one picture that was actually taken at Tasha's place.  They asked in the e-mail that included this picture for a review of the trip. I said all the many favorable things, but added that I would have loved to have had a few additional pictures.  She said, wouldn't you know, that they were considering changing the "no photo' policy.


 Then there was another Sunday lunch when I let the kids pick through Mom's junk jewelry.  I love how anything metallic is beautiful to a four year old.

 Time to put up the tree, and my little elf decorators came to do the deed and a fine job they did.
Missy Bugg was snapping pictures of what interested her most.

 Mom bought me this ornament for our first Christmas, forty years ago.
 A long time gone, I discovered that I could order those glasses that create a Christmas image when you look through them at lights.  It is a great little gift for my students that doesn't break the bank.  Bugg was trying to take pictures through the glasses to see if she could capture the image.


 Next it was time to stir up some cracker mix.
 Then hot chocolate and a movie.
 Little brother with his love, chips.
 Today we celebrated and celebrated and celebrated some more.  Aunt Tish retired, she did.  I wanted something to mark the occasion, but didn't really want something else to sit around and collect dust.  I found this blown glass elf with packages and had it put in a sleigh that said, "Oh what fun!"  Her Christmases for so very many years have been most stressful, getting everyone's packages where they need to be.

 Jamming in the living room.
 Looks like we were having a serious conversation about something here.
 More song and dance.

 Andrea got to come and we celebrated her big 50!!!


All of your people are wishing you many happy retirement years!!





 It seems my blogging gets more and more infrequent and I always wonder when it just won't occur to me to get things set down here.  I have books made from this space and today this little one found them and was completely enthralled to find herself in the pages of so many books and it makes me glad I've done it.



 Last, but not least, time to light the first Advent Candle.  
I will get to do that everyday with my kiddos- such a blessing.

I was able to take some hot cinnamon rolls to the hospital in the same spot Handy Man and I occupied for ten days last summer.  Oh my.  Whenever anyone experiences a health crisis you want so much to do something, anything.  Even just cinnamon rolls.  Glad my friend is on the mend.

I told Handy Man that I was not cooking again for several days.  
Between the holidays and celebrating, and house keeping and classroom keeping and washing and cooking, I'm exhausted and it is time to go back to work!
I'm thankful to have the food to cook and the loved ones to feed, and a helpmate to help get it done.
God Bless us everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we left before the celebrating and photo ops! Enjoyed partaking in thanksgiving leftovers.

    ReplyDelete